Great teams build great companies.
- So let’s ensure you have the tools to help you build the best possible teams.
A key to building great teams is to ensure you know what your teams are made of and what type of factors that are important for success in a specific role.
High performing talents are the foundation of great teams.
- So let’s leverage what we know actually predicts performance on the job.
High performing talents are overlooked based on bias.
- So let’s remove those biases as much as possible.
The most common mistakes made in recruitment is that we tend to believe our own opinions over evidence. A recruitment process can never be 100% unbiased since anything with a human touch comes with biases. But we have the possibility to reduce the degree of biases by removing the human touch in the initial steps.
Evidence-based hiring increase hiring-success.
- So let’s use what we know and start hiring based on actual predictors of success on the job!
Alva’s recommended recruitment process
1. Identify what you are looking for:
- Align personality traits and level of logical ability desired for the role - leverage Alva’s science-based test profiles of what predicts success in certain roles.
- Decide what level of fit the candidates need to have based on their Alva test results to move forward in the recruitment process; excellent, good, mixed fit
- Align any basic requirements needed (e.g., certain skills)
2. Publish job application (outside of Alva platform)
3. Assess all applicants using Alva assessments:
- Log into Alva Labs
- Create the job position
- Select the test profile (the personality & logic ability criteria to evaluate the candidates against)
- Invite the candidates to complete personality & logic ability assessment
- Review results and decide which candidates to move forward with
4. Screen for any requirements needed for this specific position:
- Do not screen for specific schools and grades but rather focus on any actual requirements absolutely needed for this position.
- Consider if candidates not fulfilling the requirements could be interesting to look at for any other position not demanding these specific requirements.
5. Candidate selection:
- Move forward with other methods predictive of performance on the job such as structured interviews and work sample test.